There are a number of reasons why you may want to consider having a quilt appraised:
1. Quilt appraisals may be of benefit in ensuring that you have adequate coverage provided under your homeowners insurance policy in case of fire or theft.
2. A quilt appraisal may be needed to help settle an estate.
3. You may want to know the value of your quilt before shipping it, or entering it in a quilt show.
4. An appraisal may help you to determine the value of your quilt if you choose to sell it.
5. Sometimes you may be just curious to learn more about an heirloom quilt that you own. What is the pattern? In what time period was it constructed? Is there anything unique or unusual about its design or construction? And yes, what is its financial value? These are all questions that an appraiser may be able to answer for you.
The Glass City Quilt Commission is very fortunate and proud to have Margaret Rouleau with us for our Kaleidoscope of Quilts 2017 show!
Margaret A. Rouleau is a quiltmaker, designer and appraiser of quilts and quilted textiles certified by the American Quilter’s Society in 1999. She has taught quilting classes at The Fabric Fair, Bay City, Michigan, has designed quilts for RJR Fashion Fabrics, Inc. and P&B Textiles, Inc. in addition to judging quilt shows, appraising quilts and quilted textiles. Her quilts and patterns have been published in Quilting Ideas by Better Homes, Quilting for Christmas by Quilter Magazine, Quick Quilts by McCall’s Quilting, The Quilter Magazine, Quilt World, and the book Nestled in the Country by Sharlene Jorgenson of Quilting in the Heartland. Since her certification as an appraiser, she has appraised quilts and lectured at quilt shows and guild meetings in Michigan and Ohio.
Ms. Rouleau will be available to conduct quilt appraisals on both Friday, July 21, and Saturday, July 22. Her fee for a written quilt appraisal is $55.00. Her fee for a consultation (no written appraisal) is $15.00
To schedule an appraisal with Margaret Rouleau, please send your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Saturday, July 22 from 1:00 PM until 2:00 PM, Ms. Rouleau will be doing a walk through of the quilt show giving comments on techniques, etc. If you would like to join her for all or part of this, there is no charge.