2017 Invitational Challenge
Theme: "Barn Quilts"
As we are planning for the Kaleidoscope of Quilts 2017 quilt show, the Glass City Quilt Commission would like to present you with a challenge. We are inviting you to use your imagination and creative abilities to design a quilted item that reflects your own interpretation of our quilt show theme, "Barn Quilts".
There is no entry fee for the invitational challenge. This category will be judged independently of the other Kaleidoscope of Quilt 2017 quilt show categories. The entry that is judged to be the best interpretation of the theme will receive an award ribbon. In addition, all entries in this category will receive a ribbon for participation in our invitational challenge.
The Invitational Challenge rules are as follows:
- You may create any of the following quilted items: a wall hanging, table topper, jacket, vest, bag or tote.
- You may use any combination of construction techniques or embellishments.
- Your entry must consist of three layers, contain a recognizable amount of quilting, and have a finished edge.
- Wall quilts and table toppers should be no larger than 45 inches by 45 inches and include a 4 inch sleeve attached to the back for hanging. (Please refer to the Show Rules for more information.)
- Your entry must have a firmly attached label. (Please refer to the Show Rules.)
- When submitting your quilt entry form, please include a short explanation of how you have interpreted the “Barn Quilt” theme.