2019 Invitational Challenge
Theme: "Prismatic Color Explosion"
This Challenge is ALL ABOUT COLOR!
As you know, a prism breaks color into its component elements…this is your chance to interpret what that means to you! We are hoping that you can create the most colorful piece ever!
The Invitational Challenge rules are as follows:
- To connect with 2019, you must incorporate one or many fabrics with at least 19 different colors. The color “circles” from the selvedge(s) must accompany your entry as confirmation for the Judge. Mindful that batiks do not contain “circles”, you must attach a small snippet of the batik colors you have incorporated. There is no upper limit to the total number of colors used.
- Any technique, any style, any genre may be selected, as long as there are three (3) layers: backing, batting (or inner layer NOT seen), and of course the top. The piece must be quilted, and the edges must be finished (binding is NOT mandatory).
- For this challenge, we ask that only flat quilts be created.
- The quilted piece must be no more than 36” x 36” on any side and have a sleeve attached. Pieces with no sleeve will not be hung for display.
- All Challenge pieces will be judged, with the following Ribbon Awards:
- Best Interpretation of Theme
- Best Use of Color
- Judge’s Choice.
- All entrants will receive a participation ribbon.